Thursday, June 25, 2009

Re: A gay Indian prince cut off from the throne by his furious parents is to open a chain of men only bars and nightclubs across the country

Prince Manvendrasinh Gohil is a big man today, and I am just nothing. I compare with him like a sand particle to a mountain.
 
But unfortunately, my opinion is just reverse of his.
 
I do not want anything specially meant for gays. I want that gay men and women should remain completely mixed with the main class and are treated as one and the same thing with no special identification.
I categorically do not want any gay bars, any gay clubs and any gay motels. I want that no bar, club, or motel should differentiate anybody on the basis of his/her sexual orientation. I just cannot even imagine that some places exist where only gays are employed.
 
All places on this earth should remain open for everybody and give equal respect to everybody. One's sexual orientation should not be questioned even, unless a specific decision has to be made which depends upon this information.
 
I do not want to have any special identity for myself and i do not want that somebody looks at me as a special item.
 
Do we want to do to gays what we have done to hijras? To look at them and behave with them as an item of special interest and some strange commodity?
 
Prashant

--- On Wed, 24/6/09, moderator@gaybombay.in <moderator@gaybombay.in> wrote:
A gay Indian prince cut off from the throne by his furious parents is to open a chain of men only bars and nightclubs across the country.

Prince Manvendrasinh Gohil, 43, says he wants to make homosexuality more acceptable in India.

"I want to start commercial gay ventures like gay bars, gay clubs and gay motels and employ gay men and support them to give them a stable life," he told reporters in India's western Baroda city.


Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here.

No comments: